Adjustment of Status

Immigration Services

Contact Velloza & Associates Today!

Submit your information via the form below.

Atlanta Adjustment of Status Lawyer

Experienced Legal Guidance for Adjustment of Status Cases

At Velloza & Associates, LLC, we have in-depth knowledge of the adjustment of status process and what it takes to obtain a green card. Our attorneys have successfully guided numerous clients through the application process, and we are here to provide the strong and effective representation you need and deserve.

Call Velloza & Associates, LLC today at (404) 620-6822 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our adjustment of status attorney in Atlanta!

What Is Adjustment of Status?

Adjustment of status is the procedure through which a foreign national can attain lawful permanent residency in the United States without the need to leave the country. If you currently hold a temporary visa in the United States and meet the qualifications for a green card application, you may have the opportunity to submit an adjustment of status application. Eligibility hinges on meeting specific criteria and demonstrating admissibility to the United States.

When pursuing a status adjustment, you petition the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to authorize the transition from a temporary visa holder to a lawful permanent resident. Upon approval, you will be granted a green card, confirming your lawful permanent resident (LPR) status. Possessing a green card affords you the privilege to reside and work in the United States indefinitely, and it serves as a stepping stone towards obtaining U.S. citizenship.

Who Is Eligible for Adjustment of Status?

  • Not all foreign nationals are eligible to apply for an adjustment of status. To be eligible, you must meet certain criteria. The following are some of the most common ways to become eligible for an adjustment of status:
  • Immediate relative of a U.S. citizen (spouse, unmarried child under 21, or parent)
  • Spouse of a U.S. citizen married for less than two years (conditional permanent resident)
  • Child of a U.S. citizen aged 21 or older
  • Spouse of a U.S. citizen and a victim of domestic violence (VAWA self-petitioner)
  • Widow(er) of a U.S. citizen seeking immigration based on the relationship
  • Battered child (under 21) of a U.S. citizen or parent of a U.S. citizen
  • K-1 fiancĂ©(e) of a U.S. citizen
  • S. National
  • Born in certain countries, including Cuba or Haiti
  • Beneficiary of an approved immigrant petition
  • Principal Asylee granted asylum at least one year ago
  • Refugee admitted to the United States within the past two years

It is important to note that the above list is not exhaustive. The eligibility criteria for adjustment of status can be complex, and the specific requirements vary depending on the applicant’s circumstances. An experienced immigration attorney can help you determine if you are eligible to apply for an adjustment of status and the specific steps you need to take to pursue a green card.

Have another complex immigration matter? Take a look at other immigration services we offer.

Ensure there are no delays with your application by working with a seasoned Atlanta immigration attorney at Velloza & Associates, LLC. Dial (404) 620-6822 or contact us online.

Scroll to Top